ASCE - Difference Tool
The ASCE Difference Tool is a simple standalone tool for comparing two ASCE networks, and is very useful in supporting
reviewing or auditing activities over some period whilst the ASCE network has been edited. It generates a
report that summarises differences between any two ASCE networks (usually best used when comparing two different versions
of the same network).
Comparing ASCE networks
To compare two ASCE networks simply:
- Select the files to be compared
- Click the [Analyse Differences] button. This will create a summary report.
Optionally, print the report, or save it as an HTML file.
- if the "colourise differences" option is checked, differences between the networks will be shown in colour
(red = previous content,
blue = new content)
- if the "include details of node narrative changes" option is checked, the node narrative differences will be summarised
The ASCE difference tool can detect and report on structural and content differences between two networks, such as:
- General configuration changes (project name, version, author, description).
- Identify new and deleted nodes, including:
- Identify changed node attributes (type, id, title, status fields).
- Identify node content changes, and optionally identify new and deleted sentences in the node narratives.
- Identify structural changes (i.e. new, deleted and modified links).
The difference tool is part of ASCE.